Tuesday 5 August 2014

Epic

Hi There!

Phew back from another little bike ride. Its astonishing how much that can suck and rock at the same time! I have to talk myself into it but I get there. I have been riding every second day for the last week. I have already doubled my distance and I am recovering faster. I started at about 1.5km (embarrassing I know) and today I did 3.7km. I am already noticing I get up from the floor easier and I have more fertile mucous (I know, too much information lol). This.is.in.a.week! It is incredible how quickly the body adapts to exercise, its like we were born to do it or something lol. And how much do we fight it considering how awesome it is for us, and how good we feel afterwards?

Beings are designed to avoid pain and seek pleasure, so it has to be really convenient to exercise or the couch will win. Having a brand new bike (Jules') a bike path around the corner and the incentive to train for a 4.2km mountain bike ride next month is what it takes to haul my ass on a bike :) We are going to go to The Epic which is near Gatton, QLD.  We go there every year as we have when Jason and I first dated. Here is a picture of us in 2008, the event was a lot smaller then.

 Here is a video of the Epic from last year if you go to the time 3:21, is of us camping at last years epic!
Actually looking back at those older photos was really nice. This was taken 6 years ago when Jason and I first started dating. I had recently lost about 12 kilos as I had just separated from my exhusband. At that point I was a single mum so I had no money, but I had clothes I liked that I had held onto for when I was slim again and the beauty was that I was actually thin again. I got to my lowest a few months later and I was only 9 kilos off goal!

Incredible to believe how close I was. I had really hoped to be there about now, but its hard to juggle life and everything else. This week alone I have turned down 3 invitations and accepted 3. I have spent the majority of my free time withdrawing to get rid of my massive backlog. And you know what? I  am actually getting through it. The kitchen is sparkling despite how many meals I am preparing in it!



I am starting to menu plan, the kids are read to every night, their piano done, things are off the floor and the garden is improving. This has cleared the physical and mental space I need to get my head around food and food systems.

Food has to be measured, planned and ready to go at a moments notice. So I have been working out things to eat in my calorie range. This has been surprisingly slow to do. And I am only about a 20th of how far I want to go. But that's okay. I have been keeping up my main responsibilities now (webwork, parenting, cleaning, chauffeuring, maintaining friendships) and I have enough time to start to deal with the head game which is weight loss. And it is a massive head game. One thing I am realising is that I can survive thinking about food in the am, but not in the pm. In the pm, my body gets cravey and can't handle the temptation. So plan in the am, distract in the pm, luckliy for me I  have heaps of work to do to keep me busy lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment