Tuesday 4 February 2014

Reflections

Hellooooo pre-period. Thanks for all the extra cravings!

There have been too many cheats, not enough salads and I know the scales are about to reflect that. Damn I am not so good at this losing weight thing.

However I am still proud of myself.

In January I managed to give the kids a fabulous holiday as well, with trips to the beach, Dreamworld, fireworks, swims, rest and visits with friends. How many holidays do we have without a weight gain? Its been a great month :)

I also went from not knowing how to jog at all to jogging 4.5 mins straight. I ate a lot better and fed the family much healthier meals. People are starting to come to me for advice on healthy juicing recipes and I am getting a bit of a reputation for someone who eats well. I snuck into the double digits (99 kilos)

Yes it was only three kilos not five, but hey, a loss is a loss and I know from the past that after that red witch shows up I tend to be past the starving crazy lady in a bakery stage and back into control. So sanity is just a few days away :)

I am also going through the grieving process of it being another month, where everything looked set for a pregnancy but still no pregnancy. I know it is too early to test (10 days past ovulation), but after 16 months of trying, I seem to be skipping the hopeful stage and just going through the grieving early. Its a little easier than the complete devastation of the 14 dpo negative test followed swiftly by the finality of the red witch.

Looking ahead I have my birthday coming up and I intend to get sand in between our toes and salt on our skin with an awesome beach experience. It will be a vulnerable time as I will be away from my kitchen. I will have to make sure I pack heaps of fruit to snack on to do some damage control.

Three weekends away is our "Girls Getaway" which is going to be awesome and potentially fattening lol.

This month I hope to get from 99 to 95 kilos. I aim to complete week 3 of the c25k program, maintain the awesome effort I am putting into educating the kids and get some projects knocked off around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment