Thursday 23 October 2014

Food glorious food!

I had the intention of going for a swim today, but when I woke up my arms were quite sore. It took me a while to figure out why. It turns out that you get sore arms from pulling up on the handlebars when you go up a hill.

I decided to give my body a rest and hit the shops to sort the food out. I made spaghetti mince. It has more veggies in it than mince and I also added some lentils which were totally invisible in the final product. As well as feeding the family I got three freezer meals out of it.

Its really good because the variety of what I have in my freezer increases as time goes on. I have fallen behind in a lot of things while I was so low on energy. I am glad I have enough energy to start to pick up the pieces and start moving forward.

Its a good thing to join your kids on their extra curricular activities. From riding the bike path I have realised that the magpie that swoops is aggressive enough to recommend Jules take a different route for the next fortnight - by then the babies will have moved on and Daddy magpie can calm down.

I have also started a rule that people need to wear cycling sunglasses to protect the eyes from the bits that can fly up into your face when you ride as well as Mr Cranky Magpie. Magpies have been known to attack eyes.

The path Jules rides is mostly off road or roads are crossed at lights. There is one point though where the cycle path is forced to cross a busy road. I have requested that the council install a pedestrian crossing at that point to make it safer.

I didn't notice all these points when I wasn't riding my bike. Being more active makes you a better parent in more ways than one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment