Friday 3 October 2014

Gorgeous Thai Curry!

Everyone in our household has agreed that they will be no evil takeaway until after Christmas! Its not worth the weight gain. Instead we are creating our own freezer meal take aways.

I have a large scan pan wok and every time I cook, I can fit in about 3 family meals worth. Its a very efficient way to get a large stock up. Here are the spares from tonight's dinner going in the freezer. -->

This thai recipe is based off Michelle Bridges 12WBT recipe "Amanda W’s Red Curry of Pumpkin & Green Beans"

But I evolved it and I absolutely love it:

1) Roast a tray of pumpkin that is very thinly coated in coconut oil.
2) Get 4 kaffir lime leaves, bunch of coriander, and basil, and basil in a mortal and pestle
3) Finely dice onion and fry it in veggie stock.
4) Add some red or green curry paste stir for a minute until aromatic.
5) Add some diced chicken and brown it
6) Add in broccoli, beans, and whatever stir fry veggies you like. More the merrier.
7) Quickly add in half of of the herbs and coconut cream
8) Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until veges are cooked.
9) Add in the rest of the herbs, a tablespoon of brown sugar, splash fish sauce, splash lime juice.

It really is the fresh spices that make this dish sooo good :) Serve over brown rice if you want it to be extra healthy :)


There are about 18 "take away meal"s that are weight loss friendly in my freezer, ready to go!

The problem is that the kids don't like many of them :( So I now I need to make kid friendly freezer meals as well.

I was down another 0.4 kgs on the scale today! So its all very much worth it. Think of all the money and time I will save from being organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment