Sunday 5 October 2014

Lose twice as much weight with tracking!

It said that people who track lose twice as much weight!

I track everything in my little red notebook, but I don't work out the calories. Unless something goes wrong. Like today. When I got on the scales today I had gained a 100g which put me about a half a kilo higher than I expected to be. So then I went to my notebook and put everything into calorie king to see where it had gone wrong.

I had my normal breakfast, subway, roast chicken dinner and the normal types of snacks. Ahh I see the problem, both lunch and dinner were higher than normal. Subway was my favourite, a Tuna sub with old english cheese and southwest chipolte dressing. This made sense as we needed a quick lunch after the bike ride. And a gals gotta have a few safe takeaways. All together it was about 1980kj

Comparing it with other subs, if I had of gotten a Turkey sub, with Cheddar and honey mustard it would have been 1392kj. This is a great start.

I cooked a roast for dinner and I did feel a little like Suzie Homemaker. However.. Next Day.. Not the result I was looking for. So I had roast pumpkin, peas, corn, roast potato and 3 roast chicken legs with skin on. Ahhh I see where I have gone wrong. 3 chicken legs with skin is 1404kj. For a whole meal of 2267kj.

Having the same meal with 1 chicken leg would be 1331. But whos going to have just one leg? Its a kids favourite meal. See I told you kids are the biggest sabotages!


No comments:

Post a Comment