Thursday 16 January 2014

Getting better at jogging :)

I had a few slow hours this morning and I managed to hang some washing and have a healthy lunch. I cut up fruit for breakfast, the fruit platter and some afternoon tea boxes for when we went out that afternoon.


For lunch I had my potato, sprouts and bean mix salad that I had a few days ago. We saw the paediatrician who was happy with how Geordie was progressing. He is starting to become rational and I am able to talk to him rather than just have to threaten time outs.

After that I got Kai and Asha and we all went to Lollypops playland. I expected to eat this --->
for afternoon tea.







But we weren't allowed to bring our own food so instead I ended up eating this. Basically each kid got a plate of chips. But then they took off
 <----and left me with this.

That was a cruel joke. I automatically went into eating leftover mode and ate quite a bit before I realised what I was doing and said to myself, why are you eating chips? So then I stopped and realised what had happened.
So many old habits to rewire. 




After chipmunks we stopped into the library to change our books. Kai and Asha decided to stay the night and I told them that they would have to come for a walk jog with me if they wanted to stay over. I made it a shorter 3.2 k loop. We didn't have time for the longer loop. But I ran six lots of 90 seconds which made 9 mins.

The neighbours have noticed me jogging. It's becoming more a part of who I am, I have even started talking to my friends about my end of year goal to run 5 km It's odd because I am having the identity of someone who never runs, while jogging every second day. Its like my mind is trying to catch up and figure out what my identity is.

The only time I'm not excited about it is right before I have to go do it, but I don't think about it and just get it done. Its also exciting as each time I get a little better so I have something to look forward to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment