Tuesday 14 January 2014

Today I jogged for a total of 7 1/2 mins



Today I looked after Liam. He is a lovely boy who loves to work. Nothing makes him happier than mowing lawns, but vacuuming and handiwork make a close second.

It was a slower day than I expected and it gave me time to look after us better. Here is my breakfast plate.

I am so glad I did such a big shop as it has given us many days of good quality fruit. Maybe it wasn't as expensive as I had originally thought!









As always I made my fruit platter for later in the day. Its a great thing to pull out when the "I'm hungries" start.




Geordie saw the oranges on my plate and wanted some too. So I made him an "Orange Flower" its nice seeing the healthy traditions emerge and grow.

Kurt and Gemma left for camping and I gave them some gluten free cakes that I had made for their camping trip, I also gifted them all the gluten free food I had bought for the kids in case they got hungry at my house. Those snacks will make a nice little camping gift for them.







I would have done oven fish and chips for Liam as he doesn't eat well. But I remembered what Geordie said yesterday about eating well so I did sandwiches. I always do it it on a board so the kids have a bit more of a choice. Then they usually have nearly all of it anyway. Liam had just a cheese sandwhich. But it was on multigrain bread so he was stretched a bit there. At least the rest of us didn't stoop to the unhealthy habits of our guests as we did yesterday.



My lunch was a boiled potato with some mixed beans warmed from a can, red cabbage, spinach leaves, sprout medley, avocado and balsamic vinegar dressing.

We went and saw the "Walk with the dinosaurs movie" it was fairly average, but good for the kids to have a perspective prehistoric life.

On the way home I topped up the fruit and veges. It was another $60 shop. I would be happier if it was cheaper, but it is a tempting time of the year for fruit.

I went for my walk. I think I made 5 km this time, but I forgot to record my track from the very beginning so I wont know for sure until I walk it next time. This time I jogged 5 x 90 seconds which was: 7 mins, 30 seconds.

When we got to the dog park there was this huge dog. It rushed up to us and I couldn't even get Penny off the lead before they were tangled up. Penny was clearly intimidated, and I had to drop the lead so that the tangled dogs wouldn't get hurt. Then Penny continued to be chased around and cornered by 3 dogs. The owner clearly had no control over the big dog, she was just lucky that it wasn't violent. That was the first time we have been bullied out of a dog park. I am so glad I have a dog I can control.

We were all a bit knackered when we got home, the cold fruit of the afternoon tea platter was perfect to cool us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment