Monday 6 January 2014

Getting school supplies

I had the same salad sandwich breakfast as yesterday. I really do love how easy breakfasts are.

I sorted out what I needed to get for the kids back to school list, and off we went to the library, to get new books for the kids to read. I am so proud because we have actually read most of the books we borrowed with our daily reading routine.

I went and bought a stack of books for back to school. I got the bulk of it done today, but it will be a few more trips until I get all the odds and ends. I spent a few hours making photo covers for the kids. Its helps remind them of fun times they have had, as well as letting their teachers and peers see a different side to them. 

I wanted to go for a jog today, but it stormed at walk time. I thought about doing yoga but got distracted by Jules freaking out that the power had gone out for a short while. If I was a bit more organised it probably would have happened. I want to evolve more towards these things happening. 

One thing I am proud of is that I am eating the Indian curry I made yesterday, while the rest of the family is having pizza. I don't even want pizza. Go me!

Late at night I have some sneaky cravings. I sit there happy, full and satisfied and just feel a bit cravey. Sometimes I can watch them go by, sometimes chewing crushed ice chips fixes it, sometimes I go and get something. 

Luckily for me, because I am new on my journey I have been able to have a small treat and achieve my weight loss goals. However I know that this is something that is going to have to improve soon or it will derail my results.

About two weeks ago we plumbed in our fancy fridge that has an ice maker. Best. Decision. Ever. Several times a day each of us go and get a big glass of crushed ice, and fill it with tap water (helps the ice chips melt a bit more which is easier on our teeth). We munch on it a lot. Its nice to have something to eat that is genuinely healthy and calorie free.

My late night snack is just a habit, and I can make new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment