Monday 20 January 2014

Transitioning out of the holidays

Today I took it really easy. Its the beginning of my transition from crazy holiday fun to back to school. It takes a while to shift gears and this is what this week is all about. I cleaned up 500 items today and just spent a lot of time thinking.

We our first swimming lesson today. It was a little shock back into reality. I rang them last year to find out when they started back and I wrote down that it started this week, but actually it started last week. I didn't say anything in case I wrote it down wrong, but they should have sent out a letter. Also my kids are in with another two boys that are really distracted and impish. They have no parent there to correct them so the teacher spends a lot of the class doing that. I tried to move them because the swimming lesson is on at my jogging time as well. I have had no luck moving them so I might suss out my options at other pools before I renew in two weeks.

My sister-in-law Margi is getting married in a year and I am lucky enough to be one of her three
bridesmaids :) She is hyper-organised and bought dresses for us last year when her wedding was 20 months away. I told her then that I would lose weight and I was trying to get pregnant, so it would be better to get the dress closer to the time. I have lost 4 kilos since then and now my dress is a little big. There is no sense adjusting it because I could be slim or pregnant closer to the date.  The other two have gained weight and no longer fit in their dresses. She was worrying about it and I told her that she could swap the dresses around and that I would pay for my alterations and even a new dress if necessary. 

That along with and eating junk food made me stand out a bit with Jason's family. They are on to me. They know I am dieting lol. Having it "out there" just makes me more determined to lose the weight this year!

I believe I will be successful losing weight this year as I fill up on fibre which is low in calories and slows down the release of sugar into my bloodstream. My meals are nutrient rich as well. All of this reduces cravings and sets me up for a "slow and steady" weight loss.

Check out Arthur's incredible transformation. It is the most inspirational video! This disabled man shows amazing courage and persistence and gets the results he well and truly deserves :) Watch it with a box of tissues, you will be very, very glad you did.



No comments:

Post a Comment